If you scroll through his Instagram feed, you discover that Akshay Kumar looks enviably fit at 53. The Bollywood superstar, Khiladi no one is known to perform his own stunts.
He is one of the fittest actors in the country and has gone on record saying that `youngsters should not take shortcuts and supplements to achieve a chiseled physique.
Akshay says, “We have to keep things simple. You don’t always need to go to the gym, you can just go cycling or trekking. Also, people have forgotten to have ghee, milk, dahi, lassi and home-cooked food. The supplement culture is not always recommended.
Akshay who has been at the helm of the fit India movement wakes up at 4 am everyday. An early riser who loves to run on Juhu beach, Mumbai. Akshay also does a lot of free hand training that keeps his core muscles strong. His diet consists of a lot of natural fruits and vegetables and he blends the carb and protein ratio with perfection.
Some of the principles he follows are
- Never tasted tea or coffee in his entire life
- Rarely drinks alcohol and never indulges in smoking
- Rises with the Sun rise and sleeps when the Sun set
- Hardly parties and usually finishes his dinner by 7 P.M.
- Abstains from consuming sweets or sugar at night
- Prefers walking over car, and stairs to elevators/lift, whenever possible